How to Get a Library Card
Complete an application at either the Main Library or
the Park Branch, or download one
here, fill it out and bring it to the library with your ID. We need identification which verifies your address.
Proof of address can include:
The library does not accept the following for the purpose of identification:
- Driver's License
- Printed Bank Checks
- Rental Agreement
- Utility Bill
- Property Tax Statement
- Other Library Cards
- Business Cards
Universal Borrowing: If you live in California, and have any
California public library card, you can get a free library card with us. A photo ID
Children under 14: You will need a parent or legal guardian's signature.
High School Students: A student ID card is all you need.
Visitors from outside of California may obtain a library card for a fee of $10
per month and proof of home residence.
A replacement fee of $3 is charged for a lost library card.
Library Fees effective November 15, 2016
Carmel-by-the-Sea Resolution 2016-064
- Overdue items - $.50/day
- Library card replacement - $3
- Visitor card for out of state visitors - $10/month
- Interlibrary loan - $5 per item
- Printing - $.20/page for black and white, $.50/page for color
- Copying - $.20/page
- Lost/damaged processing fee for books, audiobooks, DVDs - $15/item, plus actual cost
- Lost/damaged processing fee for magazines - $5
- Local History digital photo reproduction -
|300 dpi TIFF
|600 dpi TIFF
|1200 dpi TIFF