- Mango is a fast, easy, and effective way to learn a foreign language. Use your library card to log on, then create an account.
- BBC Languages-Interactive lessons, dictionaries, podcasts, games and more featuring Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese, Greek, and Chinese.
- Busuu - Learn English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German or Russian.
- Digital Dialects-Animated activities for language learners. In 56 languages.
- Forvo - Pronunciation guide to many of the world's languages by native speakers.
- Indo-European Language Tutorials-Includes Dutch, Swedish, Icelandic, Faroese, Russian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Finnish, Turkish, and Indonesian.
- Innovative Language Learning-Free podcast lessons with registration. More advanced materials available for a fee. French, Spanish, German, Italian, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, and Russian.
- Internet Polyglot-Uses images and games to aid memorization. Includes Arabic, Hebrew, Latin, Hindi, Polish, Romanian, Czech, Norwegian, Hungarian, and Estonian.
- LiveMocha - An online language learning community. Learn from native speakers.
- 101languages.net-Covers pronunciation, phrases and vocabulary, linguistics and travel guides for 35 languages.
- Chinese-Confucius Institute
- French-Alliance Française of Monterey County
- German-Goethe Institute of San Francisco
- Japanese-Japan Foundation
- FreeDict-Covers 16 languages.
- Word2Word-Provides links to a variety of dictionaries and translators based on individual language.
- WordReference.com-dictionary and conjugator
for Spanish, French, Italian, German, and Russian.
English as a Second Language (ESL)