To apply for a volunteer position, please print an application and return it to the
check-out desk at the Main Library, located at the corner of Ocean and Lincoln.
- help ensure that the library’s
collections are in order and easily accessible to the public.
- make it possible for the Library to
extend its services to homebound users. Each volunteer is assigned one or more clients
and serves as a link between each client and the library.
- help the library to maintain
and enrich its unique collection of materials relating to Carmel-by-the-Sea and the
- help the Technical Services
Department ensure that new additions to the collection arrive on the shelves quickly
- contribute to the
enrichment of children in the community by assisting library staff, parents and
children in the preparation and creation of various theme-related crafts.
- fulfill your community
service requirement through meaningful activities that contribute to the overall
success of children's reading services and programs.
Some jobs will require additional capabilities, including:
- Enjoy working with others
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Are accurate and attentive to detail
- Are reliable and punctual
- Physical ability to lift heavy books
- Physical ability to stoop and reach while shelving materials
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to use a keyboard
The safety of children and young adults using the library is our first
concern... We require every prospective volunteer 18 or over to pass a background check via Live Scan