Friends of Harrison Memorial Library
Friends of Harrison Memorial Library is a 501(c)(3) volunteer
organization dedicated to our library programs. Stop by the library for
a membership form, or click here.
Annual Book Sale Every August
Junipero Serra School Gymnasium, Rio Road, Carmel
Close to 10,000 books, videos and
audiobooks are available. Net proceeds from the books sale go to the library in Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Book Sale donations
Donate materials to the sale by dropping them off
at Sunset Center (San Carlos and 10th) on Tuesday mornings between 10:00 and
12:00. Unfortunately, the Friends are unable to pick up books.
Here's what we need:
- Fiction and non-fiction of all types- including travel, nature,
science, sci-fi, sports, music, animals, crafts, cookbooks,
biographies, history, poetry and art
- Collectibles - first editions, signed, rare and antiquarian books
- Picture books for infants and toddlers
- Books for children and young adults of all ages
- DVDs, CDs (music and audiobooks) and VHS tapes
We cannot accept the following (please recycle or dispose of):
- Damaged, dirty, smelly or stained books
- Vinyl records or music cassettes
- Magazines, maps or yearbooks
- Encyclopedias, textbooks or computer software
- Books that have been underlined or highlighted
- Computer manuals over 3 years old
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
The Friends promote awareness of the library in our
community by hosting author programs for the public and sponsoring a bookmark contest
for area youth.
Members of the Friends of the Library receive announcements of author programs and
an invitation to the "Friend's Preview" for the annual book sale.
Annual dues are $10. To become a member contact Carole Frederickson, Membership Chairman, at (831) 626-9067 or mail your name,
address and dues to:
- Friends of Harrison Memorial Library
- Post Office Box 87
- Carmel , CA 93921
Keep in touch!
Like us on
to stay posted on events.