Library Locations and Hours
PO Box 800
Carmel, CA 93921
Featured Resource (access from home with your library card)
Annenberg Learner - video learning for Spanish (Destinos), French
(French in Action), and ESL (Connect with English)
- Interactive lessons, dictionaries, podcasts, games and more featuring
Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Greek, and Chinese.
- Learn English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese or Russian.
- Games and animated activities for language learners.
- English, Spanish, French, Italian, German or Portuguese.
- Pronunciation guide to many of the world's languages by native speakers.
Indo-European Language Tutorials
- Includes Dutch, Swedish, Icelandic, Faroese, Russian Ukrainian, Croatian,
Finnish, Turkish, and Indonesian.
- Uses images and games to aid memorization.
- Foreign Service Institute language courses
Language Lab - Connect with a language tutor for help with
your Spanish language class (free, but library card required).
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Bing or Google Translate
- automatically translate words or phrases
Ethnologue- Languages of the World
- An encyclopedic reference work cataloging all of the world’s known
- Thousands of newspapers from all over the world in their native language.
- Provides links to a variety of dictionaries and translators based on individual language.
WordReference.com - Online language dictionary and conjugator. Includes user-contributed forums discussing
definitions, idioms, and usage.