Library Locations and Hours
PO Box 800
Carmel, CA 93921
Featured Resource (access from home with your library card)
Annenberg Learner - video learning for Spanish (Destinos), French
(French in Action), and ESL (Connect with English)
- Interactive lessons, dictionaries, podcasts, games and more featuring
Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Greek, and Chinese.
- Learn English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese or Russian.
Defense Language Institute Courses
- GLOSS lessons are developed for independent learners to provide them
with the learning/teaching tools for improving their foreign language
- Animated activities for language learners in 56 languages.
- English, Spanish, French, Italian, German or Portuguese.
- Pronunciation guide to many of the world's languages by native speakers.
Indo-European Language Tutorials
- Includes Dutch, Swedish, Icelandic, Faroese, Russian Ukrainian, Croatian,
Finnish, Turkish, and Indonesian.
Innovative Language Learning
- Free podcast lessons with registration. More advanced materials available for a
fee. French, Spanish, German, Italian, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, and Russian.
- Uses images and games to aid memorization. Includes Arabic, Hebrew, Latin,
Hindi, Polish, Romanian, Czech, Norwegian, Hungarian, and Estonian.
- Foreign Service Institute language courses
- An online language learning community. Learn from native speakers.
- Covers pronunciation, phrases and vocabulary, linguistics and travel
guides for 35 languages.
Open Culture Languages
- Learn 48 languages online for free
Language Lab - Connect with a language tutor for help with
your Spanish language class (library card required).
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Online Dictionaries and Translators