Featured Resources (access from home with your library card)
- 50 languages available, and English as a Second Language
- Learn Spanish, French, German, Mandarin or Ingles
- Interactive lessons, dictionaries, podcasts, games and more featuring
Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese, Greek, and Chinese.
- Learn English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German or Russian.
- Animated activities for language learners in 56 languages.
DLI's Headstart program
- 21 languages available to the public on the Web or for your iPod .
- Pronunciation guide to many of the world's languages by native speakers.
Indo-European Language Tutorials
- Includes Dutch, Swedish, Icelandic, Faroese, Russian Ukrainian, Croatian,
Finnish, Turkish, and Indonesian.
Innovative Language Learning
- Free podcast lessons with registration. More advanced materials available for a
fee. French, Spanish, German, Italian, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, and Russian.
- Uses images and games to aid memorization. Includes Arabic, Hebrew, Latin,
Hindi, Polish, Romanian, Czech, Norwegian, Hungarian, and Estonian.
- An online language learning community. Learn from native speakers.
- Covers pronunciation, phrases and vocabulary, linguistics and travel
guides for 35 languages.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Confucius Institute.
- Alliance Française of Monterey County.
- Goethe Institut of San Francisco.
- Japan Foundation.
- Instituto Camoes Portugal.
- Instituto Cervantes New York.
Online Dictionaries and Translators
- Covers 16 languages.
- Provides links to a variety of dictionaries and translators based on
- Lists dictionaries alphabetically by language.
WordReference.com - Online language dictionary and conjugator for Spanish,
French, Italian, German, and Russian. Includes user-contributed forums discussing
definitions, idioms, and usage.