Parenting & Internet Safety
Unattended Child Policy
We care about the safety of your children.
- Please do not leave any child under the age of 8 alone in the library.
- Supervision of children under the age of 8 must be by someone 12 years or older.
- The Library is not responsible for unattended children. Any child under the age of 12 left unattended when the Library closes will be transferred to the police department.
Your Child and the Internet
The Harrison Library provides access to the Internet to respond to the informational and educational needs of library users. The Internet is a vast unregulated network. It provides access to ideas, information and images beyond the confines of the Youth Services department Selection Policy. Because of this access and because Internet sites change frequently, the library cannot protect users from information and images, which might me objectionable to some users.
Every parent or legal guardian is responsible for their child's use of all library materials, including the Internet. Parents who are concerned about their children's use of library electronic resources should provide guidance to their own children.
- Visit the library often with your child.
- Spend time online visiting Internet sites with your child.
- Encourage your child to ask library staff for help finding information on the Internet.
- Become familiar with Harrison Memorial's Internet Policy and Guidelines.